Sunday, September 4, 2011

Puppy's Are Good For The Soul

We have a beautiful new 5 month old foster, Abby.  She is feminine, smart, active and all puppy!  To see her explore her world is like manna to my hungry soul.  There is something about a puppy that reminds me of why I do what I do and why I love dogs so much.  The promise of a better life for them, the experiences that you will share and the look on their face when they have a light bulb moment is priceless.  This little angel is no exception.  Exceptionally smart, eager to please and a total maniac!  Ripping through the house mach 2 with her hair on fire, jumping on me, and biting at my hands and the whole time smiling, and reminding me how good life can be.

Phalen of course hates her and I have a new bite on my leg from breaking up a fight.  Even that can't dim the glow that emanates from having a puppy in the house.  The constant reinforcement of what I want her to do and what she has done right, feeds me and excites me.  She reminds me of how far my own dogs have come, even Phalen.  She is my promise of a better tomorrow and I cling to her energy and her light.

My favorite class to teach is puppy class,  I have become a puppy addict, I can never get enough of them. We will only have this little darling for a week and it is probably a good thing given the situation with Phalen, but I am going to enjoy every second with her.  Thanks for joining us even briefly Abby, our lives will be better for having you in it!

1 comment: