Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Brain Is A Commodore 64

I have a high IQ and yet when it comes to processing information, I swear my brain is a Commodore 64.  It is amazing to me that my brain actually sends the signals to my feet to make them move in a timely fashion most of the time.  The lack of processing speed would however explain my life long clumsiness.  I am quick with an inappropriate remark and I can remember the name of Al Pacino's dog in the movie Serpico, but I can't figure out what I see in my own dog.

I have been fretting since Sunday about Phalen.  I had all but convinced myself that he had no respect for me and that our relationship and our dreams were just that, dreams.  I am usually pretty upbeat, but a mind is a tricky thing and especially one that needs a serious upgrade.  All of my fears of inadequacy came rushing to the main chip in my brain and it was stuck in a loop.  It was almost the blue screen of death!

Thankfully, I have friends that love me and have newer processors that I do.  Pam and Susan helped me to sort out what I saw and what really happened.  Phalen is not a monster, he is a dog.  A high drive, fabulous, smart boy who quite willingly takes control of a situation if given the opportunity.  That's what happened Sunday, opportunity.  I gave him the opportunity to engage in those behaviors by poor management, and naivete.  So with that information on a floppy drive, I can insert it into my very old drive and create a workable program.

Whew, crisis averted.  Ron has offered to buy me the necessary upgrades to help my processing speed.  I fear it is a lost cause, I am destined to be a Commodore 64.  My brain must slowly process information to glean all the necessary lessons.  It has it's own algorithm and as long as it's working, I think I will just keep plugging along.  Speed may not be all it's cracked up to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment